An American Forts Network historical website
This was an earthwork fort with 350-yards of earthen outer works. The Patriots surrendered to the British in 1777, who then abandoned it. The Patriots gained it back in 1778 and rebuilt it. Located across the river from Fort Mifflin, PA. A coastal defense battery was planned here in 1872 but it was never built.
DELAWARE RIVER MAP & LINKS
* Official Link to Red Bank Battlefield Park *
Launched: August 31, 2002
last updated: 28 February, 2006
This website is owned by American Forts Network (AFN) and is not affiliated with government agencies in any way.